Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Killers Concert

Okay friends, you are going to be SOOOO jealous. I went to The KILLERS concert last night and it was AMAZING!!!

My good friend Audrey got pre-sale tickets for only 35 dollars each. If you are a huge Killers fan like we are, then you know that tickets are next to impossible to come by. We got pre-sale tickets back in January and almost everything was sold out--which is totally understandable because they are SO good :-)

Anywho, my cousin Mimi, and my two friends- Audrey and Jessica- all went. We, by the way, looked amazing and had such an easy time getting up to the Staples Center. There was NO traffic (it took us 40 minutes) and we got right in. Since there were 2 opening acts before they came on, we ate at a little concession stand. I saw that the kids meal comes with chips, hot dog, soda and candy (which was a fruit roll-up, lol) and was only 4.50!!! Audrey got a hot dog too, and her hot dog was the same size as mine--only she got the adult deal and paid more than I did--and I got chips, soda and a FRUIT ROLL-UP :-) She was SO mad--haha

Well, we went in and saw the second act-- The Howling Bells-- and they were absolutely horrible! Her voice hurt all of our ears and when she said it was their last song--after playing 9! Everyone in the crowd cheered--so sad. So if you see they are playing somewhere, DON'T GO!!!

Finally The Killers came on at 10:15 PM--we got there at 7:45. The opening was great and EVERYONE sung to the music--what an experience. As you know (because it is true), the lead singer-Brandon Flowers- has an incredible voice. but live, he is 100 percent better--I didn't even think that was possible. I just wish we were a little closer because he is H.O.T. HOT! I could not believe all the energy he had. The band also had fantastic energy. They played for an hour but then came out for 2 encores (playing 7 more songs!!!)

I did not even get home until 1:30 this morning and I don't even care if I got 4 hours of sleep. I got to see The Killers--I am just one lucky girl :-)

1 comment:

Insured Asset Solutions said...

The Killers are alright...j/k. I like them. I'm glad you had fun. I get to go see Hootie and the Blowfish in July (which reminds me that I need to get the tickets next time I am at Disneyland). Toodles!